1. ABBREVIATIONS OF COMPUTERS - ADB refers to a) Android Digital Bridge b) Android Dongle Bridge c) Android Debug Bridge d) Android Data Bridge Answer: c.
2. CHEMISTRY - YTTRIUM is an element used in a) computers b) metallurgy c) air-conditioning d) space-research Answer: b.
3. COMPUTERS - Php is a ___ language. a) procedural b) object oriented language (OOL) c) both d) none Answer: c.
4. COMPUTERS - first multimedia machine launched was a) Irix b) Solaris c) Amiga d) none Answer: c.
5. COMPUTERS - first screen editor for computers, O26 was made in a) 1947 b) 1967 c) 1987 d) 1997 Answer: b.
6. COMPUTERS - lowest language a computer can understand is a) assembly language b) basic language c) C languge d) Machine language Answer: d.
7. COMPUTERS - numeronym ~a11y~ refers to a) adaptability b) availability c) accessibility d) acceptability Answer: c.
8. COMPUTERS - term ~PC~ refers to a) desktop b) laptop c) notebook d) anything Answer: d.
9. COMPUTERS - terms ~Multiprocessor and Multitasking~ are same. a) true b) false c) .. d) .. Answer: b.
10. COMPUTERS - word software refers to a) code, data and programs b) non-physical part of computer c) sets of commands to execute d) all Answer: d.
11. COMPUTERS - 65xx and 68xx series were a) operating systems b) text editors c) GUYs d) processors Answer: d.
12. COMPUTERS - A MODEM converts a) digital computer data into analog phone data b) digital phone data into analog computer data c) digital phone data into digital computer data d) digital computer data into digital phone data Answer: a.
13. COMPUTERS - A PROXY SERVER processes CLIENTS'REQUESTS for a) database access b) passwords c) webpages d) none Answer: c.
14. COMPUTERS - A design error in a software may be called a) beta b) grub c) bug d) none Answer: c.
15. COMPUTERS - A disk is a ___ object. a) physical b) binary c) software d) sequential access Answer: a.
16. COMPUTERS - A number of chips mounted on a single circuit board is: a) daughter-board b) far-board c) mor-board d) none Answer: c.
17. COMPUTERS - A platform is defined by processor on hardware side and ___ on software side. a) ascii code b) operating system c) cache d) assembly language Answer: b
COMPUTERS - Among following most -platform independent and portable language a) python b) perl c) java d) vbscript Answer: c.
18. COMPUTERS - A sequence of steps leading to a desired end may be called a/an a) algorithm b) formula c) code d) hyposis Answer: a.
19. COMPUTERS - A sort of middle path between hardware and software is a) shareware b) freeware c) firmware d) none Answer: c.
20. COMPUTERS - A true on-screen representation of characters without any markup or make-up can be seen in a) word processors b) text editors c) html d) DTP and pagemakers Answer: b.
21. COMPUTERS - ADA is a) an object-oriented program language b) higher-level language c) structured program language which evolved from Pascal d) all Answer: d.
23. COMPUTERS - Alpha, in Computer hardware world refers to a) memory b) processor c) disk d) printers Answer: b.
24. COMPUTERS - An assembler converts ___ language to machine language. a) assembly b) high-level c) c and c++ d) none Answer: a.
25. COMPUTERS - An assembly language is more human readable than machine language. a) true b) false c) .. d) .. Answer: a.
26. COMPUTERS - An integrated circuit used in computers may be called: a) intel b) chip c) bit d) char Answer: b.
27. COMPUTERS - An ~Authoring System~ refers to a) GUY method of designing new software b) set of commands for designing new software c) text editor for writing commands and debugging m d) none Answer: a.
28. COMPUTERS - AppleTalk can be best described ass a) processor b) protocol c) package d) program Answer: b.
29. COMPUTERS - BINARY NUMBERS- 10000= decimal number : a) 4 b) 8 c) 12 d) 16 Answer: d.
30. COMPUTERS - CDROM access is a) RANDOM b) SEMI RANDOM c) SEQUENTIAL d) none Answer: a.
31. COMPUTERS - COMPUTER CHIPS installed in a washing machine are a) embedded computers b) servers c) androids d) robotic computers Answer: a.
32. COMPUTERS - Computers playing chess, prescribing medicines, recognising speech and handwriting can be termed as a) artificial intelligence b) natural intelligence c) clairvoyance d) superintendence Answer: a.
33. COMPUTERS - Converting ENTIRE program into machine language is called a) compiling b) interpreting c) simulating d) none Answer: a.
34. COMPUTERS - Converting ONE INSTRUCTION OF A PROGRAM into machine language is called a) compiling b) interpreting c) simulating d) none Answer: b.
35. COMPUTERS - DYNAMIC ACCESS refers to a) RAM b) SEMI RANDOM c) SEQUENTIAL d) none Answer: a.
36. COMPUTERS - EMACS is a a) database b) text editor c) word processor d) 3gp player Answer: b.
37. COMPUTERS - Emails were originally convenient for communicating ___ data. a) 7 bit ASCII b) 8 bit ASCII c) uuencodes d) uudecodes Answer: a.
38. COMPUTERS - Function keys can be used a) independently b) only in association with shift key c) any way d) none of se Answer: c.
39. COMPUTERS - Gopher protocol was predecessor of a) html b) www c) ftp d) none Answer: b.
40. COMPUTERS - Higher level languages can, by and large be a) interpreted b) compiled c) eir d) none Answer: c.
41. COMPUTERS - IRC full form is ____ Relay Chat. a) International b) Internet c) Intranet d) Instant Answer: b.
42. COMPUTERS - JIMMY WALES founded a) internet b) wikipedia c) facebook d) twitter Answer: b.
43. COMPUTERS - LASER PRINTERS are ___ than IMPACT PRINTERS. a) faster b) noisier c) quieter d) a and c Answer: d.
44. COMPUTERS - MHZs and GHZs of a computer measure a) clock speed of main processor b) overall speed of computer c) speed of operating system d) none Answer: a.
45. COMPUTERS - MUD (Multiplayer Virtual Real World) stands for a) Multi-User Dimension b) Multi User Domain c) Multi User Dungeon d) any one Answer: d.
46. COMPUTERS - Modifiable programs embedded in hardware, are often called as a) freeware b) software c) shareware d) firmware Answer: d.
47. COMPUTERS - Original MUD servers were used for educational and gaming purpose. Now, y are being chiefly used for a) blogging b) Corporate Communications c) chatting d) Satellite Communications Answer: c.
48. COMPUTERS - PARALLEL ELECTRICAL CONDUCTING LINES connecting different components of a morboard are called a) adopters b) buses c) connectors d) er switches Answer: b.
49. COMPUTERS - Planting virus ~Trojan Horse~ in computer networks may not fall in category of : a) decryption b) hacking c) intrusion d) tampering Answer: b.
50. COMPUTERS - Program that manages a computer~s resources is a) operating system b) dbms c) explorer d) none Answer: a.
51. COMPUTERS - Programs often do not have GUYs. Applications often have GUYs. a) true b) false c) .. d) .. Answer: a.
52. COMPUTERS - Running a program and ~Executing a program~ are same. a) true b) false c) .. d) .. Answer: a.
53. COMPUTERS - Schema in XML represents a collection of a) data b) procedures c) fields d) blocks Answer: a.
54. COMPUTERS - Starting an operating system on switching a computer is a) booting wb) loading c) installing d) switching Answer: a.
55. COMPUTERS - Tables and spreadsheets have a) columns b) rows c) both d) none Answer: c.
56. COMPUTERS - Technically, a directory or a folder , is a) record b) partition c) driver d) file Answer: d.
57. COMPUTERS - Text typed into a computer, usually appears at a) cursor b) pointer c) scroller d) any one Answer: a.
58. COMPUTERS - URL full form is: a) universal resource locator b) uniform resource locator c) unidentified random locator d) both a and b are in use. Answer: d.
59. COMPUTERS - User-interface in Firefox was created using ___ language. a) XUL b) Python c) VB Script d) ASP Answer: a.
60. COMPUTERS - Vi and Emacs text editors are popular in a) Windows b) unix c) mac d) android Answer: b.
61. COMPUTERS - Vi is a a) database b) text editor c) word processor d) 3gp player Answer: b.
62. COMPUTERS - WYSIWYG full form is a) What You Sow Is What You Get b) What You See is What You Get c) What You Sow is What you Give d) What you say is what you get Answer: b.
63. COMPUTERS - Which of following are considered as lower level languages? a) machine language b) assembly language c) both d) none Answer: c.
64. COMPUTERS - Which of following are syndicated formats for simultaneous publication of web feeds a) atom b) RSS c) both d) none Answer: c.
65. COMPUTERS - Which of following are true in case of ~applets~? a) cannot be run independently b) can be run in browsers c) most applets are platform independent d) all Answer: d.
66. COMPUTERS - Which of following is not a database program? a) Oracle b) SQL c) php d) Adabas Answer: c.
67. COMPUTERS - Which of following is not a memory? a) RAM b) ROM c) Flash d) none Answer: d.
68. COMPUTERS - Which of following is not a spread sheet? a) Excel b) Lotus 123 c) Octave d) SQL Answer: d.
69. COMPUTERS - Which of following is not a web-browser? a) Opera b) Google Chrome c) Yahoo d) Safari Answer: c.
70. COMPUTERS - Which of following is not considered as a higher level language? a) Fortran b) Java c) C+ d) assembly Answer: d.
71. COMPUTERS - XHTML is supposed to be ___ than HTML. a) liberal b) problematic c) stricter d) securing of intellectual property rights Answer: c.
72. COMPUTERS - XML full form is ___ Markup Language. a) Extensible b) Enduser c) Extra d) none Answer: a.
73. COMPUTERS - XMLRPC (XML Remote Procedure Call) is a) data packet b) protocol c) analog signal d) b.
74. COMPUTERS - XPFE - full form is Cross ___ Front End. a) Portfolio b) Portability c) Printdata d) Platform Answer: d.
75. COMPUTERS - XUL - full form is Extensible ___ Language. a) Utility b) User-Interface c) Universal d) User-Markup Answer: b.
76. COMPUTERS - ZURKOWSKY used term __literacy. a) computer literacy b) digital literacy c) information literacy d) media literacy Answer: c.
77. COMPUTERS - __ printers use ribbons. a) dotmatrix printers b) inkjet printers c) laser printers d) plotters Answer: a.
78. COMPUTERS - ___ can directly input printed text. a) MICR b) OCR c) OMR d) all Answer: b.
79. COMPUTERS - ___ language uses more mnemonics and less numbers. a) machine language b) assembly language c) both d) none Answer: b.
80. COMPUTERS - graphics printers drawing images with ink pens= a) dotmatrix printers b) inkjet printers c) laser printers d) plotters Answer: d.
81. COMPUTERS: A document preparation software: a) foxpro b) latex c) matlab d) oracle Answer: b. popular among linux users.
82. Computers - Find oddman out: a) Adobe Dreamweaver b) Blue Griffon c) Microsoft FrontPage d) Apache Answer: d. Ors are WYSIWYG editors for generation of HTML pages. Apache is a server.
83. Computers - Find oddman out: a) Apache b) IIS c) SQL d) Cherokee Answer: c. Ors are web-servers. SQL is Structured Query Language.
84. Computers - In'HTTPS', S refers to a) safe b) secure c) scheme d) scale Answer: b.
85. Computers - Linux uses a) fat b) fat32 c) ext3 d) ntfs Answer: c.
86. Computers - SGML full form is, __ Generalized Markup Language. a) simple b) simulated c) standard d) structured Answer: c.
87. Computers - SSIs are Server Side __s. a) Images b) Includes c) Interfaces d) Interpose Answer: b.
88. Computers - WWW (World Wide Web) was created in a) 1980 b) 1985 c) 1990 d) 1995 Answer: c. by Tim Berners-Lee.
89. computers - E-Journal articles can be identified with help of __identifier. a) digital journal identifier b) digital object identifier c) journal article identifier d) journal source identifier Answer: b.
90. computers - PCM is __modulation. a) penultimate code Modulation b) phase control modulation c) popular code modulation d) pulse code modulation Answer: d.
91. computers - WEBPAGE CREATION is convenient using a) text editors b) word processors c) pagemakers d) only wysiwyg editors Answer: a.
92. computers - Z39.50 is a standard for __. a) cataloguing web-resources b) communication formats c) library services d) search and retrival services Answer: d.
93. COMPUTERS: WYSIWYG is not possible in a) text editors b) word processors c) page makers d) image editors Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: UTF-8 is __ 8 bit. a) Uniform Transformation Format b) UCS Transformation Format c) URl Transformation Format d) Unix Transformation Format Answer: b.
COMPUTERS - JAVA - XML: Which of the following is the latest technique in parsing XML files? a) DOM b) Stax c) SAX d) none Answer: b.
HEXADECIMAL NUMBERS IN COMPUTERS: Numeric equivalent of hexadecimal 21DE â‡ž is a) 8760 b) 8670 c) 8067 d) 7086 Answer: b 2=8092. 1=256. D= 13. E=14. total 8192+256+208+14= 8670.
COMPUTERS - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT - BILLION DOLLAR BLOGGING FIRM TUMBLR was acquired by a) Apple b) HP c) Google d) Yahoo Answer: d.
COMPUTERS - JAVA - XML: Expand. JAXB is a) Java API XML Binary b) Java Architecture XML Binary c) Java Admin XML Binary d) Java Access XML Binary Answer: b. Java Architecture XML Binary.
COMPUTERS - JELLY BEAN is an updated version of a) android b) windows c) linux d) ubuntu Answer: a. Android 4.2 version.
COMPUTERS - SKYDRIVE Online Storage Service is provided by a) Google b) Microsoft c) DropBox d) Ubuntu Answer: b.
COMPUTERS - â€·Bingâ€· is a search engine owned by a) Rediff b) Hotmail c) Microsoft d) Twitter Answer: c.
COMPUTERS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: AMD is world second in making computer a) chips b) smartphones c) hard -drives d) NOT Answer: a.
COMPUTERS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: DONG ENGELBART invented a) cpu b) monitor c) keyboard d) mouse Answer: d.
COMPUTERS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: SQL is associated with a) multimedia b) databases c) telecom d) NOT Answer: b.
COMPUTERS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: ___ fonts are also known as pi fonts. a) Times New Roman b) Mono fonts c) dingbats d) written-script modelled fonts Answer: c.
COMPUTERS AND INTERNET : Project Loom launched by Google aims to spread net access through a) mobiles b) balloons c) geo static satellites d) anchored ships Answer: b.
COMPUTERS AND INTERNET: A server returned the code 503 when clicked. 503 error code indicates a) page not found b) access not permitted c) service unavailable for reasons like maintenance, overloading d) general network failure Answer: c.
COMPUTERS AND INTERNET: Popular'Flash'Player was first produced by a) Adobe b) Google c) Microsoft d) YouTube Answer: a.
COMPUTERS WITH LINUX OS: Which of the following shells, is considered the heaviest? a) Bourne Shell b) Bourne-again-shell c) Debian Almquist Shell (Dash) d) all are equally heavy Answer: b.
COMPUTERS and INTERNET: An IP address consists of __ numbers. a) one b) two c) three d) four Answer: d.
COMPUTERS and INTERNET: DOTTED-QUAD indicates a/an a) domain-name b) IP address c) protocol stack d) network topology Answer: b.
COMPUTERS and INTERNET: Maximum number which can appear in an IP address is a) 128 b) 129 c) 255 d) 256 Answer: c. 255.
COMPUTERS and INTERNET: NAT is Network Address __. a) Translation b) Transliteration c) Transmission d) Transaction Answer: a.
COMPUTERS and INTERNET: Which of the following is not a packet-sniffer? a) wireshark b) ethereal c) Cain and Abel d) TCPdump Answer: c. Cain and Abel is a password-cracker.
COMPUTERS: Alain Colmerauer is credited as a co-pioneer of
. a) Curl b) Lisp c) Prolog d) Jawa Answer: c. Between 1970 and 1972.
COMPUTERS: âˆž is the symbol for infinity. Its hex equivalent is 221E. Its number entity is: a) 8734 b) 8374 c) 8473 d) 7384 Answer: a. hint: 2 in 4th digig is 2 x 4096=8192.E at the end is 14. 2 in digit 3 is 512. Answer should be 8600. Hence a.
COMPUTERS: .NET statements end with a) colon b) semicolon c) <br> d) line feed and carriage feed Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: AMD full form is __ Micro Devices. a) Advanced Micro Devices b) American Micro Devices c) Associated Micro Devices d) Adapted Micro Devices Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: APPLE uses __ OS. a) Windows b) Ubuntu c) iOS d) Android Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: ARCHIE is treated as worldâ€·s first
. a) OS b) browser c) search engine d) image editor Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: An MSWORD document can have a maximum size of a) 32mb b) 64mb c) 124mb d) 256mb Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: Antergos is a/an a) new OS b) new SE c) new Email Service d) web server Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: BOM is a) Boot Order Mark b) Bit Order Mark c) Byte Order Mark d) Base Order Mark Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: BUSH HID THE FACTS BUG is associated with WINDOWS XP a) notepad b) wordpad c) MS Word d) Media Player Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: BUSH HID THE FACTS BUG of WINDOWS XP NOTEPAD is also known as a) Easter Egg b) Poached Egg c) Goose Egg d) Deviled Egg Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: Binary value of letter â€·Aâ€· is 01000001. Its numeric value is a) 64 b) 65 c) 66 d) 67 Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: Binary value of letter â€·Bâ€· is 01000010. Its numeric value is a) 64 b) 65 c) 66 d) 67 Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: Binary value of letter â€·Câ€· is 0100 0011. Its numeric value is a) 64 b) 65 c) 66 d) 67 Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: Binary value of letter â€·Dâ€· is 01000100. Its numeric value is a) 69 b) 68 c) 67 d) 66 Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: Binary value of letter â€·Eâ€· is 01000101. Its numeric value is a) 69 b) 68 c) 67 d) 66 Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: Binary value of letter â€·Fâ€· is 01000110. Its numeric value is a) 69 b) 68 c) 67 d) 70 Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: Binary value of letter â€·Gâ€· is 01000111. Its numeric value is a) 70 b) 71 c) 72 d) 73 Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: COLT is a free DATA STRUCTURE library in a) unix b) java c) ms access d) oracle Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: Character-Device, an example, is a/an a) hard drive b) CD Rom drive c) USB drive d) keyboard Answer: d. Keyboard takes input as character units. Others take data in chunks.
COMPUTERS: Christopher Latham Sholes invented a) android mobile b) binary system c) qwerty keyboard d) firewalls Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: DAN BRICKLIN invented
. a) DBMS b) spreadsheet c) SQL d) Android Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: DASH (in LINUX SYSTEMS) full form is ___ Almquist Shell. a) Designed b) Distributed c) Debian d) Delegated Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: DENNIS RITCHIE
. is credited as co-pioneer of a) Dos b) Unix c) C++ language d) C and Unix Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: DHCP, full form is __ Host Configuration Protocol. a) Digital b) Dynamic c) Distant d) Diligant Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: DITHERING, we use the term while dealing with
. a) colors b) data c) termination of programs d) beta versions Answer: a. Dithering presents an approximate color, when the given color is not available.
COMPUTERS: DNS is __ Service. a) Domain Name Service b) Database Name Service c) Direct Node Servie d) Dynamic Node Service Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: Firewalls in computers facilitate a) portability b) security c) sharing d) distribution Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: First web-browser in Computer History. a) Internet Explorer b) Firefox c) WorldWideWeb d) Opera Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: JAMES GOSLING is the pioneer of
. a) asp b) .net c) php d) java Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: JETTY is a/an a) database creator b) word processor c) application server d) operating system Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: KRAKOZYABRY is a RUSSIAN Computer term for __ . a) images b) gibberish c) forced ads d) spamming Answer: b. Incorrect display of garbage instead of language characters. Equal to Mojibake in Japanese.
COMPUTERS: LOW interrupt latency is important in case of a) Hard-Realtime Operating System b) Soft-Realtime Operating System c) Real Time Operating System d) General Purpose Operating System Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: LUAN MA is a Chinese Computer term for __ . a) images b) gibberish c) forced ads d) spamming Answer: b. Incorrect display of garbage instead of language characters. Equal to Mojibake in Japanese.
COMPUTERS: MANDRIVA is a type of a) DBMS b) computer game c) moviemaker d) linux os Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: MONO is an approximate equivalent of a) SQL b) .Net c) Java d) adobe pagemaker Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: MS WORD exemplifies a) open source software b) gnu software c) creative commons software d) shrink wrapped software Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: Maximum number of colors which modern computers can display a) 1024 b) 65536 c) 16777216 d) infinity Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: Maximum number of primary partitions which can be created on a computer. a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: New Operating System Antergos is based on a) arch linux b) linux mint c) fedora d) ubuntu Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: Not a database management package. a) Oracle b) MySQL c) Foxpro d) php Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: Not an OPERATING SYSTEM. a) Windows b) Ubuntu c) Mac d) C# Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: PERL full form is __ Extraction and Report language. a) Practical b) Programming c) PrintData d) Picture Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: PHP statements end with a) colon b) semicolon c) <br> d) line feed and carriage feed Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: PIXELS can acquire __ number of colors.
. a) 256 b) 65536 c) 16,777,216 d) âˆž (infinity) Answer: c. 256rx256gx256b.
COMPUTERS: PNG file format of images. Full form is __ Network Graphic. a) Pixelised b) Photographic c) Protected d) Portable Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: Programming language used to create applets. a) Cobol b) C# c) Java d) .Net Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: RTOS full form is ___ Operating System. a) Rare Time OS b) Real Time OS c) Reduced Time OS d) Reconfigurable Time OS Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: SHA-BANG-HEADERS are used in a) Windows b) Linux c) Mac d) None of these Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: Speed of Execution of a program depends on a) CPU speed b) memory architecture c) characteristics of the program d) all or any Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: TCP/IP PROTOCOL layers map to __ layers. a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: UCS is a) Unicode Character Set b) Universal Character Set c) UTF-8 Character Set d) Unix Character Set Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: UTP in networking means __ Twisted Pair. a) Unprotected b) Unshielded c) United d) Unified Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: Ubuntu is a/an a) movie player b) operating system c) web browser d) NOT Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: VINT CERF is credited as co-pioneer of
. a) lan b) van c) ethernet d) internet Answer: d .
COMPUTERS: VNC full form is __ Network Computing. a) Visual b) Verified c) Virtual d) Voiced Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: WCF full form is a) Windows Communication Foundation b) Web Communication Foundation c) Worldwide Communication Foundation d) Wicky Communication Foundation Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: WINDOWS is an example of a) Hard-Realtime Operating System b) Soft-Realtime Operating System c) Real Time Operating System d) General Purpose Operating System Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: Which of the following is NOT TRUE about PROLOG? a) homoiconic b) facilitates artificial intelligence c) general purpose logic programming language d) a language of 21st Century Answer: d. Conceived between 1970 and 1972.
COMPUTERS: Which of the following is NOT true about SHRINK WRAPPED SOFTWARE? a) usually come with CD-Roms b) have EULA c) allow redistribution d) may need serial number to install Answer: c.
COMPUTERS: Which of the following is not a computer virus? a) malware b) Creeper c) Elk d) Rabbit Answer: a. A virus reproduces itself infinitely. Malware steals passwords etc. But does not reproduce itself.
COMPUTERS: Which of the following is not correct about MOJIBAKE? a) Applies only to Windows b) deals with transformation and display of characters c) a Japanese term d) display of gibberish Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: Which of the following terms, approximately depicts a SPREADSHEET? a) codec b) algorithm c) bof-eof d) grid Answer: d. A grid of rows and columns.
COMPUTERS: XCF file format of images. Full form is Experimental Computing __. a) Facility b) Function c) Format d) Fonts Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: which of the following is not a HETEROICONIC LANGUAGE? a) C b) Cobol c) Java d) Prolog Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: which of the following is not a HOMOICONIC LANGUAGE? a) C b) Lisp c) Prolog d) Curl Answer: a.
COMPUTERS: which of the following is not associated with Java? a) Colt b) Drej c) Ninja d) Appaserver Answer: d.
COMPUTERS: wireless access points in public places like airports, convention centers are commonly known as. a) cyber-cafes b) hotspots c) internet kiosks d) mifis Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: â€·Things that work persistâ€· , which is why there is still Cobol floating around. - these are the words of
. a) Dennis Ritchie b) Vint Cerf c) Seymour Cray d) David J. Brown Answer: b.
COMPUTERS: âˆ´ is the maths symbol for THEREFORE. Its decimal equivalent is 8756. Its hex number is a) 2234 b) 2238 c) 3678 d) 2012 Answer: a. hint: 3 in 4th digit goes beyond 12,000. Hence c is ruled out. 22= 8192+512=8704. d is ruled out. x34 is dec 52. 8756.
COMPUTERS: âˆ´ is the maths symbol for therefore. Its hex equivalent is 2234. Its decimal number is a) 8756 b) 5728 c) 7285 d) 2857 Answer: a. hint: 8192+512+48+4= 8756.
ENVIRONMENT: Greenhouse gas'hydroflurocarbons'are widely used in a) air -conditioners and refrigerators b) TVs c) computers d) mobiles Answer: a.
GLOBAL WARMING: Greenhouse gas'hydroflurocarbons'are widely used in a) air -conditioners and refrigerators b) TVs c) computers d) mobiles Answer: a.
MARKETING MANAGEMENT OF COMPUTERS: AMD is a/an a) chipmaker b) laptop maker c) mobile maker d) digital camera maker Answer: a.
MARKETING MANAGEMENT OF COMPUTERS: AMD is world second in making computer a) chips b) smartphones c) hard -drives d) NOT Answer: a.
SOLAR IMPULSE PROJECT - revolves around solar a) heaters b) planes c) cars d) computers Answer: b.