1. BIOCHEMISTRY - FATS contain __ acids. a) stearic b) palmitic c) oleic d) all Answer: d.
2. BIOCHEMISTRY - __ participates in protein-synsis: a) calcium b) iron c) potassium d) zinc Answer: d.
3. BIOCHEMISTRY - a drug that can combine with a receptor on a cell to produce a physiological reaction: a) agonist b) antagonist c) sudatory d) aperient Answer: a.
4. BODY CHEMISTRY - Severe change in pH (too much or too little acid in blood), may lead to damage in a) brain b) kidneys c) liver d) all of body organs Answer: d.
5. Biochemistry: SULPHUR -BEARING AMINO ACIDS - Which amino acid is a sulphur -bearing compound ?a) Methionine b) Alanine c) Aspartic acid d) Arginine Answer: a.
6. CHEMISTRY - AIR POLLUTION - ordinarily not an air pollutant : a) CO2 b) CO c) SO2 d) Hydrocarbon Answer: a.
7. CHEMISTRY - Accumulator cell - uses metal: a) Copper b) Iron c) Lead d) Zinc Answer: c.
8. CHEMISTRY - Acid rain - mainly a mixture of: a) Sulphuric acid and nitric acid b) Hexane and methane c) Acetic acid and bromine d) Ascorbic acid and citric acid Answer: a.
9. CHEMISTRY - Alkaline hydrolysis of oils/fats - gives soap and : a) Glycerol b) Enol c) Glycol d) Ethanoic acid Answer: a.
10. CHEMISTRY - BERYLLIUM ALUMINATE is used in a) drugs b) gems c) paints d) photography Answer: b.
11. CHEMISTRY - CaOCI2 - is chemical formula of: a) Soda Ash b) Lime c) Bleaching Powder d) Plaster of Paris Answer: c.
12. CHEMISTRY - DANGEROUS RADIOACTIVE POLLUTANTS - highly dangerous: a) Phosphorus -32 b) Sulphur -35 c) Strontium -90 d) Calcium -40 Answer: c.
13. CHEMISTRY - Electrolytes used in a dry cell are a) Ammonium Chloride b) Zinc Chloride c) Ammonium Nitrate d) a and b Answer: d.
14. CHEMISTRY - Formation is a 40% solution of : a) Methanol b) Menal c) Methanoic acid d) none. Answer: b.
15. CHEMISTRY - IODINE-131 is used in a) treating wounds b) diagnosing thyroid diseases c) photography d) water purification Answer: b.
16. CHEMISTRY - IUPAC is an International for a) Pure Chemistry b) Applied Chemistry c) both d) none Answer: c.
17. CHEMISTRY - Ionic bonds - exist in a) Kcl b) H2O c) NH3 d) Cl3 Answer: a. Pota. Chlo.
18. CHEMISTRY - MINERALOGY - Ammonium Chloride is found naturally in ___ regions. a) polar b) equatorial c) volcanic d) siberian Answer: c.
19. CHEMISTRY - NITROGLYCERINE is used as a) explosives b) propellants c) chest -pain reliever d) all Answer: d.
20. CHEMISTRY - NO. OF NEUTRONS IN HYDROGEN : a) 0 b) 1 c) 2 d) 3 Answer: a.
21. CHEMISTRY - NO. OF NEUTRONS in HEAVY HYDROGEN : a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 Answer: a. also called Deuterium.
22. CHEMISTRY - ODDMAN OUT - a) Argon b) Helium c) Hydrogen d) Neon Answer: c. Hydrogen is a very active gas. Ors are inert and noble gases.
23. CHEMISTRY - OZONE LAYER DAMAGE - found in: a) Ionosphere b) Mesosphere c) Stratosphere d) Troposphere Answer: c.
24. CHEMISTRY - Ozone Day - observed on: a) Jan 30 b) Apr 21 c) Sept 16 d) Dec 5 Answer: c.
25. CHEMISTRY - PARIS GREEN is a double salt of a) aluminium b) barium c) copper d) deuterium Answer: c. a double salt of copper acetate and copper arsenate.
26. CHEMISTRY - PEARLS contin a) nitroglycerin b) potassium nitrate c) calcium carbonate d) calcium oxide Answer: c.
27. CHEMISTRY - Photographic chemical: a) Silver Bromide b) Sodium Bromide c) Potassium Chloride d) Sodium Sulphate Answer: a.
28. CHEMISTRY - Positive oxidation state can be found in a) CO b) N2O c) NO d) F2O Answer: d.
29. CHEMISTRY - Rhombic, monoclinic, and plastic sulphur are: a) Isomers b) Isotopes c) Allotropes d) Hydrides of sulphur Answer: c.
30. CHEMISTRY - Solidified gas used in cloud seeding: a) oxygen b) carbon di-oxide c) hydrogen d) nitrogen Answer: b. dry ice or solidified carbon dioxide
31. CHEMISTRY - TAXOL finds its use in a) chemorapy b) paints c) rubber production d) perfumes Answer: a.
32. CHEMISTRY - Turpentine oil - obtained from: a) Coal b) Petroleum c) Cedarwood d) Pinus Answer: d.
33. CHEMISTRY - VINEGAR is ___ acid. a) acetic acid b) bromic acid c) carbonic acid d) not an acid Answer: a.
34. CHEMISTRY - Vincent Schaefer is credited with invention of a) helicopter b) dry ice c) cloud seeding d) silver iodide Answer: c.
35. CHEMISTRY - YTTRIUM is an element used in a) computers b) metallurgy c) air-conditioning d) space-research Answer: b.
36. CHEMISTRY - ___is corrosive to rubber. a) ethanol b) methanol c) alcohol d) anhydrous methanol Answer: b.
37. CHEMISTRY - chemical used in cloud seeding is: a) silver bromide b) silver nitrate c) silver iodide d) none Answer: a.
38. ORGANIC CHEMISTRY - Phyto chemicals can be found in a) plant products b) animal products c) volcanic ash d) air Answer: a.
39. chemistry - XANTHIC acid contains a) chlorine b) bromine c) iodine d) sulphur Answer: d.
40. chemistry - XENON is a/an a) laughing gas b) greenhouse gas c) noble gas d) ideal gas Answer: c.
AWARDS AND PRIZES : Alice Munro is 2013 winner of Nobel Prize for a) chemistry b) physics c) medicine d) literature Answer: d.
CHEMISTRY OF PHARMACOLOGY: Some people use CESIUM as ___.
. a) laxative b) antidiarrhoeic c) sedative d) nerve stimulant Answer: d.
CHEMISTRY of ELEMENTS: Graphene is a new form of a) aluminium b) barium c) carbon d) silicon Answer: c.
CHEMISTRY - MERCURY CHLORIDE is used in a) photo films b) purgative drugs c) industrial-solvents d) abrasives Answer: b.
CHEMISTRY - MERCURY IODIDE (red mercury) was traditionally used as a) antihistamine b) antisyphillitic c) anticoagulant d) purgative Answer: b.
CHEMISTRY - Mercury(II) fulminate- Hg(CNO)2 is useful in a) diagnostics b) explosives c) paints d) photography Answer: b.
CHEMISTRY - Zinc Acetate - is believed to be a cure for a) asthma b) acidity c) cold d) insomnia Answer: c.
CHEMISTRY OF DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: When fizzy soft drinks like Pepsi, are consumed, ___ acid and Hydrochloric acid conflict in our stomach. a) Nitric Acid b) Sulphuric Acid c) Phosphoric Acid d) Tartaric Acid Answer: c.
CHEMISTRY OF FERMENTATION:Tea which which does not undergo fermentation : a) black tea b) green tea c) oolong d) NOT Answer: b.
CHEMISTRY OF INDUSTRIAL PROCESSES: COAL TAR is obtained by __ distillation.
a) destructive distillation b) fractinal distillation c) differential distillation d) steam distillation Answer: a.
CHEMISTRY OF METALS: CESIUM ___ oxygen.
. a) absorbs b) releases c) has no effect on oxygen d) burns with green flame Answer: a.
CHEMISTRY OF SURFACE TRANSPORT: ASPHALT used in ASPHALT ROADS, is madeup of
a) coal tar and bitumen b) bitumen, sand and grit c) grit and tar d) cement and sand Answer: b.
CHEMISTRY: Accumulator cell uses the metal : a) Copper b) Iron c) Lead d) Zinc Answer: c.
CHEMISTRY: Alkaline hydrolysis of oils/fats - gives soap and : a) Glycerol b) Ethenol c) Glycol d) Ethanoic acid Answer: a.
CHEMISTRY: Bitumen dissolves in
a) water b) ethylene c) carbon-di-sulfide d) nitric acid Answer: c.
CHEMISTRY: Diamonds have a) aluminium b) barium c) carbon d) deuterium Answer: c.
CHEMISTRY: Fizzy soft-drinks like Coke, contain __ acid. a) Hydrochloric Acid b) Nitric Acid c) Phosphoric Acid d) Sulphuric Acid Answer: c.
CHEMISTRY: GEOLOGY: Limestone metamorphosis forms a) Graphite b) Quartz c) Granite d) Marble Answer: d.
CHEMISTRY: HCOOH is the formula for __ acid. a) Formic Acid b) Butyric Acid c) Phosphoric Acid d) Tartaric Acid Answer: a.
CHEMISTRY: Rhombic, monoclinic, and plastic sulphur are : a) Isomers b) Isotopes c) Allotropes d) Hydrides of sulphur Answer: c.
CHEMISTRY: pH of fizzy-soft drinks like Coke, may be approx. a) less than 2.5 b) 2.5 to 3.5 c) 3.5 to 7 d) greater than 7 Answer: b.
CHEMISTRY:: Ununoctium is a) malarial drug b) manmade element c) an auditorium d) NOt Answer: b.
FOOD CHEMISTRY - __ is said to make MEAT LEANER increasing muscle-to-fat ratio. a) Clenbuterol ) Albuterol c) diethylstilbesterol d) stilbesterol Answer: a.
INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY: Formic Acid has uses in __ industry. a) glass b) ceramic tiles c) paper d) electro-plating Answer: c.
INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY: Formic Acid has uses in __ industry. a) paints b) refrigeration c) plastic d) textile Answer: d.
INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY: ROY PLUNKETT discovered a) tarpaulin b) teflon c) pitch blend d) butylene Answer: b.
INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY: TEFLON is not used in a) frypans b) surgical grafts c) spacecrafts d) used everywhere Answer: d.
INORGANIC CHEMISTRY: Which of the following elements is not photo-sensitive? a) Antimony b) Gallium c) Indium d) Silicon Answer: d.
INORGANIC CHEMISTRY: Which of the following is not true about RUBIDIUM? a) a metal b) burns in air c) reacts violently in water d) smells like sulphur Answer: d. Rubidium does not have any smell.
NUTRITIONAL CHEMISTRY: ASPARTAME is a/an a) sweetener b) preservant c) condiment d) salt-additive Answer: a.
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY: Tea which which does not undergo fermentation : a) black tea b) green tea c) oolong d) NOT Answer: b.
72. ï»¿SENTENCE RE-ORDERING - First and sixth sentences appear in beginning as (S1) and (S6). Middle four sentences were jumbled. se are labelled P, Q, R and S. Find proper sequence of four sentences.
S1: Pasteur began his fruitful scientific investigations when he was Professor of Chemistry at Strasburg.
S6: pasteurization process which he prescribed for wine and beer is used now to safeguard milk too.
P : He also found how germs causing changes in materials could be controlled by heat.
Q : He made a thorough study of wine industry in France.
R: He thus saved wine industry from ruin by his work.
S : After careful and extensive investigation he produced germ ory of fermentation.
a) P Q R S V b) Q P S R c) S Q P R d) Q S P R Answer: d .